Saturday, September 25, 2010

Von Steuben Day

Today marks NYC's Von Steuben day celebration, and the German/American Unity Day outdoor beer bash in Central Park's Sheep Meadow. I should be quaffing big boots of beer under a tent while listening to polka (the ultimate thrash music- celebrating substance abuse and involving wild dancing by d00ds in leather pants). Alas, I have to work today (as Oscar Wilde said, "Work is the curse of the drinking classes."), so I won't be guzzling wiesbier by the half-liter.

Oh, well, at least there's music, like this ditty from Die Toten Hosen. This number is a spoof of the children's classic Zehn Kleine Raupenkinder:





This coming month is going to be an extremely busy one for me. I'll try to maintain a decent posting schedule, but my posts may be short- {snagglepuss} perfunctory, even {/snagglepuss}.

9 comments:

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

I have heard posting a video is acceptable.

Or butterfly pictures.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I love this video!

I'm going to see if there are any flutterbys about. It's beautiful and sunny, but cooler than last week.

We'll see...
~

Vonnie said...

Aw, B4, I will totally raise a boot o beer in your general direction, as I'm working at our Oktoberfest tonight also.
I'm in my cute German flag dress.....

Smut Clyde said...

Butterfly picture.

Smut Clyde said...

I love this video!

Someone used to link to it regularly over at S,N!. Can't remember who.

Glennis said...

BOOTS of beer??

Vonnie said...

oh yes, boots of beer.

Hamish Mack said...

This is beer that gives you a kick inna head.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Someone used to link to it regularly over at S,N!. Can't remember who.

I believe it was the artist formerly known as PeeJ- the emperor Pupienus Maximus.