Thursday, August 11, 2011

Secret Science Club Movie Night

Last night, the Secret Science Club presented an encore screening of the documentary Parallel Worlds, Parallel Lives, which chronicles indie rocker Mark Everett's exploration of the legacy of his father, theoretical physicist Hugh Everett. The film is poignant, an elegiac portrayal of a family characterized by genius, mental illness, and untimely death. More importantly, Alexis Gambis, now Herr Doktor Gambis (congratulations on your doctorate!), of Imagine Science Film Festival fame, put in an appearance at the beautiful Bell House. The film festival itself hits NYC in October, so any scicinefiles out there, plan to get your asses to Brooklyn.

11 comments:

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

It appears your 2nd pair of links is broken. I got this one.
~

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

And this one.

ittdgy, internet detective!
~

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

Thanks, Thunder- links are fixed.

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

Oh, and they're good links.

Also!

WV: qualita
~

Substance McGravitas said...

I will be in your fair city between the 14th and 19th, possibly with some free time. Let me know if you have some as well.

substancemcgravitas@gmail.com

Substance McGravitas said...

That documentary was awfully interesting by the way. Mr. Eels must have felt utterly inadequate in a way that might make him produce another fine record.

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

I will be in your fair city between the 14th and 19th, possibly with some free time. Let me know if you have some as well.

Dear House of Substance,

I never thought it would happen to me...

Ned has plans for you, Mr. McG. (ominous ellipses)... Let me know when you'll have some free time, and we can meet up for some LULZORZ.

Unknown said...

Wow, I can't wait to watch that documentary. As a psych major I am sure I will read a lot into it.

Also..I just realized I did not have a link to your fine establishment on my front page..that has been fixed as I adore me some big,bad,bald bastard blogger-type man. ;-)

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

that has been fixed as I adore me some big,bad,bald bastard blogger-type man. ;-)

Oh, baby!

Unknown said...

LMFAO..that was hysterical..but he was neither big,bad OR bald!

Big Bad Bald Bastard said...

LMFAO..that was hysterical..but he was neither big,bad OR bald!

But he was a bastard!

Just kidding, Sakamoto and the late, great Kyoshiro were magical, rouge magical!