Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Lazy Blogger's Gambit: Post a Video!

October is a crazy month for me, I've been working long hours on the weekends with little sleep, and catching up on my sleep during the week. Today, I didn't do a blessed thing of consequence... I did a little cooking, and a little reading, but nothing that involved leaving the house. Tonight, I'm going to fall back on the "post a video" gambit. Longtime readers will know that I am a huge fan of Vincent Price (how much cooler would Star Wars have been if he had played Obi-Wan Kenobi? I ask that as an Alec Guinness fan). Since October is "Halloween Month", how about campy horror classic The Abominable Dr. Phibes?





Gotta love Vincent, no matter how outrageous the film was, he always played it straight. I have to wonder how his career would have been different had he had a better agent... scratch that, I love his wonderful career of glorious trash.

Note: The internet, which never lies, indicates that Price's co-star, the beautiful Virginia North succumbed to cancer at the age of 58. Now, that's a horror story!

2 comments: