Tuesday, October 1, 2013

This Year's October Theme Song

I actually have today off, but I'm working the graveyard shift tomorrow, which means I'm going in tonight... you dig? For those who don't work nights, the first shift of the day begins at midnight, so the 7-3, 8-4, or 9-5 shift is actually the second shift of the day.

It's a beautiful day here in the City of Y______, almost 80 degrees Fahrenheit (about 26 Celsius). I took a bit of time to take a weed cutter to the small unpaved patch in front of the house (instead of a front yard, we have a large front stoop and a sidewalk in front of the house). I'm now planning on taking a long walk in Tibbetts Brook Park so I can see how the sunlight plays among the leaves (which are beginning to change color) before a long, long string of night shifts. It being a county park, it won't be affected by the idiotic government shutdown. Starting tonight, the October theme song will be Echo and the Bunnymen's Nocturnal Me, off the wonderful "Ocean Rain" album:





As much as I dig Echo and the Bunnymen's music, I have to confess that I can never get past lead singer Ian McCulloch's anime hair- he looks startlingly like Rick Hunter from Robotech.

No comments: