Sunday, August 17, 2014

Get Outta Town!

My eldest nephew will be going to Washington D.C. as a finalist in a national scholarship program- he's a great kid, as level-headed and good-natured as he is smart, and I mean that as a compliment. He's currently at my mom's house in Prince William County, Virginia, so I'll be driving down to spend some quality time with family as soon as I leave work at 1AM.

It's been a while since I've been to mom's place- my last vacation was spent traveling to Europe to see two of my brothers and their respective families. I call mom a couple of times a week, but it's been all too long since I've seen her.

Needless to say, I'll be taking a bit of a breather- I'll be traveling straight back to work on Wednesday, when I don't have to be in until 9PM.

In the meantime, I'll be driving all night, my hands wet on the wheel...





Shoulda used a sippy cup to avoid spilling my yerba mate.