Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Laissez Le Bon Temps Rouler, Mes Amis

As is the tradition around here, I'd like to take an opportunity to wish everybody a happy Mardi Gras. Mine didn't start off too auspiciously- I had to go to our annual workplace healthcare insurance meeting this morning and ended up sitting in traffic for a good long time due to an eleven car pileup on the Sprain Brook Parkway... I shouldn't complain, I wasn't in one of those eleven cars. After writing this post, I'm going to pick up some peppers and celery in order to make the holy trinity for a pot of jambalaya. Tonight, I'll be heading out to a local bar for team trivia night, and I don't know if they'll be serving any Cajun/Creole fare this week, so I have to get my Lafayette on before leaving the house.

To help you get your Fat Tuesday on, how about some music? Here's a live performance by one of my Cajun/folk faves, Steve Riley and the Mamou Playboys:





And so as not to leave the Creole population of Louisiana out, here's C.J. Chenier playing some green beans music:





Before I run off to the grocery store and then ensconce myself in the kitchen for the rest of the afternoon, I'll advise you to check out Aunt Snow's blog- she's hanging her hat in New Orleans these days and has some amazing pictures of various Louisiana krewes. Au revoir, mes amis, laissez le bon temps rouler.

3 comments:

OBS said...

I think we're having muffaletta for dinner. I'm looking forward to it.

zombie rotten mcdonald said...

Hey, I did a jambalaya for the Superb Owl party! We should trade tips....

ifthethunderdontgetya™³²®© said...

I haven't tried making anything new in a while. Went with pot roast last night. Will be even better today.
~